Relocation stress is real. We all feel it in different ways and at different levels, but the reality is, still, that we all feel it and it does have an effect on all of us.
Relocation stress does not, however, have to be paralyzing. There are ways to deal with it, lessen it, and help you get through it during your relocation. Check out these suggestions:
- When possible, provide adequate time for planning and executing your relocation move.
- Organize, organize, and organize some more. Make a list of all chores that need to be done, assign the length of time to complete each chores, and assign days for each chores to be completed.
- Get rid of the clutter. A relocation is the perfect time to get rid of those things you don’t need or use very often.
- Get help! There are relocation experts out there who can alleviate your relocation stress. They are professionals at this and they do their jobs well.
- Get sleep, eat well, nibble off a little bit at a time. A journey of a thousand miles, remember, begins with a baby step.
- Be as flexible as possible. Relocations require adjustments. Things rarely go smoothly. The more you can accept that fact, the less stress you’ll feel.
- Take time for yourself. Emotional stress is very real, and one of the ways you can eliminate that emotional stress is to take a time out and do something relaxing.
- Visit your new home before moving in so you have some idea what you are walking into.
Yes, moving is difficult. Yes, moving can be stressful. However, it is, after all, simply another bump in the road, and the aforementioned suggestions will help smooth out those bumps.
Sports Relocation, Inc. Sports Relocation, Inc assist players/coaches of all professional sports leagues including the NBA, WNBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, and entertainers relocate nationwide by servicing their Real Estate & Relocation needs. Ikem Chukumerije is licensed to practice real estate in New York, California, Nevada, Florida, & Georgia. Sports Relocation, Inc operates nationwide and provides elite athlete relocation services in all 50 states and internationally.